Saturday 24 March 2012

A Card For Emily, Dustin Pike Image.

I first made this for a challenge over on Dustin's Blog, to make a card to send to Emily, a little 7 year old girl who has been fighting leukaemia since the end of last year. Unfortunately, my old printer, which has ink...has jammed solid and won't print anything, totally died so I think this time, it's gone off to printer heaven and my main printer is out of ink, so I ended up with blue 'grass' and rather wishy-washy rainbows!
I'd printed the ponies straight on to the Summer Driggs freebie papers which I've linked and used before on my Leprechaun card- only with the right colours!
I was going to do a bit of decoupage, but the card ended up as you see, with the ponies (one was flipped round the other way) coloured with ProMarkers and the rainbows covered with Stickles Glitter. So far it's just missed finding itself in the bin! (I can't throw anything away!)
I added the speech bubbles and left the inside blank and now suddenly I'm liking the faded colours... So I might send it as a Happy Easter card!
The font I used is a freebie, it's called Vitamin outlined and you can download it HERE (There's also Vitamin, which is 'filled' in)
There is a blog hop going on too, so I'll try my best to join in but seeing it's 4 in the morning, as I type this, I think I'll go to bed and come back in an hour or two!!
That's it. Pop over to Dustin's blog to find out more, and make a card for Emily.

Challenges
scrappinforkenzie-cards for emily and blog hop 2
Marksfinestpapers-Shades of Pink

2 comments:

  1. I just love your card. The two images together are great. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my daughter used to just love My Little Ponies! This card brings back such fun memories!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies