Thursday 29 March 2012

It's An Easter Bug Card! Freebie Links


I've made another card for the My Sketch challenge happening over on Quirky Crafts right now. Mainly because I just loved this Digi Image from Bugaboo, who are sponsoring the challenge this time round and nobody had used it. Well, I should have used it, but I used the elephant instead! Well, it was hard to choose!
I've made the card a little larger than I usually do, it's about 8"x8" made from one and a bit A4 cards and cut down to a square.
All the papers I've used here were freebie at one time that came with Crafting Magazines such as Carding Making and PaperCraft, Quick Cards Made Easy, Crafts Beautiful and PaperCraft Inspiration and the yellowy flowery sheet (the first one on the card you can hardly see) was once a freebie from MadAboutCards. You may have to 'login' to download them on some of the sites, but it's well worth it! (If you do need to login, paste and copy the link at the top of the sites page, where my link leads, as it may be hard to find the freebie page again!) Here's a few links to some Easter papers...
Hope the links still work! (*MadAboutCards are sadly closing down, so be quick!)
I've 3D-ed the digi, (printed it out about four times) coloured with Promarkers and added a splash of Stickles Glitter glue.
The rabbit and Easter egg ribbon was from Crafty Ribbons. (I won them last year!)
This time I didn't cheat by edging the card with a black ProMarker, I actually used black card for the layering.
The Sketch is very easy, you can keep it plain or fill it with all sorts of embellishments if you like! I've added gems, flowers, an extra lacy bit by the ribbon and that cute tiny punched out rabbit and of course all those Easter Eggs! (That took me ages!)
New Followers! Hi and a big ((wave)) to, Mindy Adams a WOYWW fan and The Determined Scrapper! and Lee Mae, Suzanne Roseberry, Patti Lougee and Jo without links. Thank you for stopping by!
Challenges.
Cutecardthursday-happy Easter
Splendiferous Creations-Happy Easter-with bloghop link
4craftychicks-Easter
Myshericrafts- Easter
Paperandsuchonline-spring and/or Easter card
Toptiptuesday-easter or/and animals
ssdschallenge-bunnies
Thecraftypad.-some-bunny loves you**Top 5!
Ccmonthlychallenge-spring
Onestitchatatime-anything goes
Simonsaysstamps-anything goes

16 comments:

  1. love those images, they are so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at blogger's challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Lyn,
    I love the colors of your card, and the image is fun, too! Great work on the details! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Pad

    Venus :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card this is! So pleased you could share at One Stitch at a Time and good luck with the Challenge! Judy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab Easter Card, I love the fun image and backing papers.
    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Lyn love the image and your fabulous card design. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable card, love the image!

    Many thanks for joining in the
    ♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
    this week! Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Spring colours Lyn, and I love those Easter Eggs (yum)!
    Hope you and yours are happy and well - Have a fab.weekend - hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet! I love the egg frame! Wonderful layout! Thank you for playing with us at One Stitch At A Time! Best of luck in the draw!
    Hugs,
    Karen C (OSAAT DT)
    www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lyn, long time no see! Love this card, I'm a real fan of all things bugaboo, and just love what you did with those little eggs to make the frame round the image! I'm so pleased you joined us at THE CRAFTY PAD this week, it gave me a good excuse to pop in and say 'Hi!'
    Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for playing along and showing us what Easter means to you. Cute card, I like the little circle of eggs.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Guest Designer @ 4CCC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lyn,
    Great to have an excuse to visit you lovely blog!
    I love love love your Easter card! So kind of you to share the links to all of those freebie papers!

    Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at The Crafty Pad this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Lyn, love all the detail ! l am a bit behind on my blog these last few weeks,but l will get over to Quirky Crafts with my entry to your challenge ..
    Wishing you both a lovely weekend !
    Hugs
    susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely colourful card all those cute little characters are just gorgeous - thanks for playing along at MAWTT this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabby fun Easter card, Thanks for joining in with us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time, Hope you can come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your colorful card!! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper and Such!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I tried to comment a few days ago to say I love your card Lyn, but I just got error messages when I tried so I hope today it will work!

    Cazzyx

    ReplyDelete

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies