Saturday 6 April 2013

Fishing You A Happy Birthday!

My mum asked me to make a birthday card for one of her nephews, (Happy Birthday Bob, for the 19th of April ???) and I thought, what better than Fishing Cat #3973 (with gnome) from my didi digi store (Dragonsmoore) Spyder's Other Corner. 
I kinda went along the same lines as was in Quick Cards Magazine, (If you missed that go HERE.) I coloured in the digi, after leaving him quite big, then added some 'male' backing papers.
Peeping out form my pile of craftimess I spotted a 6x6 pack called 'Wellington' Real 'manly' colours! Stripes and dashes and clocks and writing and plain colours, including Wellingtons and nuts! There's tags on the back of the cover, clever idea, as they're usually left blank. And the pack was £2 cheaper too! £5 £3!

I've used raffia, flattened out a bit along the dividing line between the stripes and the writing papers. I've backed it first with some metallic type brown shimmery paper. I've also added some little metal brads and some punched out fish bones, using a Woodware punch.
 In side, is a bit of a cheat. After colouring in two digi's with Promarkers, (that's why the ponds are different blues) I scanned in the whole sheet and printed the PNG digis over some paper with cats and fish bones on it, then printed it all out including the sentiments. Then just cut them to fit.
The Font in a Freebie it's called Crazy Girl Blond BTN and you can download both reg and bold HERE
Don't forget my sketch and/or bingo, over on Quirky Crafts. Now, you wouldn't think it, but this card qualifies...not for the sketch, but you don't have to use that, but for the bingo, there's raffia, metal brads, tearing papers (although you can't actually see that! and I've used a punch making the fishTis card won't be added as a Quirky DT card though, as I've used my own digi, but you can use any digi or stamped image or whatever! That's it for now. Thank you for stopping by!
Challenges
Can You Digi It - Pick A Season (Spring)
Crafters Companion - Flowers
Crafts & Me - Spring Flowers
 Divas By Design - Spring Colours
Happy Campers - Flower Power
Jen's Digis - Spring
Ladybug Crafts - Leap Into Spring

13 comments:

  1. Wahoo Lyn - I've been meaning to call by - delighted to see your image being used in QCME magazine :) Love the card you made here with it too!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!!! Inside and out!!! I love that image!! The cat is way too cute!!! Your coloring is fantastic!!! Thanks for playing along with us at One Stitch At A Time!! Good luck!!! I hope to see you again for the next challenge!!

    - Susan, DT @ OSAAT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is too adorable-- It looks springy to me
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #106 Spring challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lyn - again!

    The snippets playground is just a bit of a fun challenge - no strong rules, and all that's needed to come and play is to use scraps (aka snippets) in whatever project, card etc. you link in. Some people will use a lot of snippets, some will just pop one or two onto what they make.

    It was started by Jules (Always with a Heart) in 2011 who has a regular spot each month in QCME magazine, with the idea of encouraging folk to use 'em up! I took it over from Jules in January 2012 'cos other things had taken off for her then.

    It tends to be fun and we don't take ourselves very seriously :)

    Have a lovely day!

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card Lyn I'm sure it will be much appreciated by its recipient

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lyn, wonderful image and card. Congratulations on getting published ;-)
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card as usual Lyn. Your digi is wonderful & I love the backing papers you found. I've never seen a fish-bone punch. Cool! Hope you're enjoying a super Sunday :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card, love your image! Your fishbones are a perfect embellishment. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card. Unfortunately you are required to use a Crafter's Companion product on your project and list which item used on your blog in order to qualify for the prize in our challenge. If I am missing something please add it to your post. Thanks for joining our challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! Did realised after I'd added it!!

      Delete
  10. Hi Lyn,

    Love this card!!!!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful job. Love the off kilter look and those punched out fish bones and of course that adorable image. Love how you did the inside as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies