Sunday 24 November 2013

It's An Altered Quirky Vintage Christmas!

Hi peoples! It's time for another Quirky Craft's challenge. It's Monica's turn to set the theme this fortnight and she would like to see...
 VINTAGE CHRISTMAS ALTERED PROJECTS
Can't wait to see what you come up with! Our sponsor this time round is STITCHY BEAR STAMPS, and I've used this cute little fairy asleep under the Christmas tree on my altered project.
Woh! This was a bit out of my comfort zone!  And my computer is still doing weird things...but I think it's because it's short on memory! (aw....bit like me!) Hi Peoples! It's time for another....have I just said that!?! 
Okay, here's my make... I've turned an old dairy from 2004, never used, into a note book... A Christmas Wish List Note Book. 
I've used Magic of Christmas from our sponsors and also some
 vintage papers, which were free from a crafting magazine a few weeks ago.  I printed the digi image over that and glued it to the front of the plastic book cover and then re-punched the holes so the note book hinge would still work. I've used Distress Ink on all the edges. The ribbons are all left over Christmas vintage scraps. The tiny glass charms are really for wine glasses, but I thought they looked cute so added them too. The silver snowflake is on silver elastic and came off an old Christmas card. It's used to help keep the book closed and to mark the page (once I start filling it up with 'wish list goodies', that's every ones of course, not just mine!) I also had a go at covering a beer mat....not really happy with it  so I only made one, I've added a picture of that too. I've used Distress Ink on all the edges as well.
The Font I've used on the front of the booklet is called 'Christmas Card' You can Download it HERE 
It was based on the hand lettered opening titles of the film 'It's A Wonderful Life'. I used it in WordArt text and coloured it red on the computer. The digi has been coloured using Promarkers. That's it I think! Thank you for stopping by, I'm not here... so this is on timer. Hope to add this to some...

10 comments:

  1. wow, lots of work on this project. Well Done. Thanks for sharing with us at Craftitude challenges. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining in this week at Pennys Paper Crafty Challenge
      Hugs katie x

      Delete
  2. Fun book. I love making books and yours is great. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great altered book love the paper and embellishments-thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both the diary and the coaster. The image is so pretty and I really like the trinkets you have added to the binding. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes/Falling leaves challenge this fortnight at Craftitude. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic altered book and coaster, hun, love them both, thank you for sharing with us at Scribble and Scraps, this week, good luck xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lyn, it is looking good despite the weirdness! I am short on memory and do weird things too!
    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab project. Cute image.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies